Friday, July 25, 2008

Your Potential Prospect

I was desperate to make a sale and I'm sure my desperation showed in my rehearsed sales presentation. I told my potential prospects all about the features of the item, but I didn't tell them how the product could benefit them specifically. Needless to say, by using these sales tactics, I didn't sell one set of encyclopedias.

Your potential prospect is only interested in what the product, or service can do for them. Sure they're interested in the features, but how will those features "serve them?"

The harder you try to sell the less interest your potential prospect will have in your proposition.

They will see your desperation and think..."They're not interested in helping me; they're just trying to make a sale."
Show your potential customer "what's in it for them."

Unless you let your potential prospect know how the product benefits them they will be ready to say "NO" before you have a chance to finish your sales presentation.

No comments: